Join Premium Free Oxford Walking Tours Oxford
Oxford Walking Tours: Join Free tour of Oxford University to visit Historic Colleges, Lecture & Dining Halls for Free with University guides.
Tour Theme – Walking Tour of Oxford University, Oxford City & The Bodleian Library
Our guides are University Graduates & Oxford Students who are having University membership with many years of guiding experience and local history knowledge. With our guides you can go behind the closed doors where only Oxford University members can go.
Tour Highlights –
- Discover Oxford’s history, traditions and walk in the footsteps of famous members like J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis
- Explore Oxford with a knowledgeable University educated guide
- Go inside oldest 800 years old Oxford University sites and visit world-famous sites like School of Divinity, the Bodleian Library, Bridge of Sigh and Christ Church.
- Learn about unique Oxford University traditions, ceremonies, mysterious legends, student life and much more!
Also visit Harry Potter filming sites, Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland & Lord of the Rings sites. Visit Inspector Morse filming sites with us.
Tour Description –
Since 2012, we have provided everyday free walking tour and Scholars Walk Tours have become a global phenomenon. Our tour covers all the interesting topics about Oxford’s glorious past, historic landmarks and dark secrets. With our University-educated guides, you will walk the walk through 2000 years of Oxford’s history from early Saxon time of small Oxford Town to its present world famous city of learning. Our guides will lead you through more than 2000 years of Oxford’s amazing historic stories.
- Premium Oxford Walking Tour Price – Yes It’s Free!
- (this free tour is donation based and other tour companies charge £14 per person for this same tour) With us, Pay as You Like at the end of our tour and according to your happiness because best things in life are Free! Visit 800 years old Oxford University sites only with us.
- Why we do not charge £14 per person like others? Visit Oxford
- Our guides are highly passionate about Oxford’s history. We have been giving excellent tours since 2012 everyday, otherwise we would have been long gone by now..
- We are the only tour company in Oxford City which combines historic Oxford University sites with Oxford City and the Old Bodleian Library. (Yes, we go inside the old library and into the School of Divinity which is the 15th century medieval building)
- Tour Details –
- When you can join this premium tour?
- Tour Timings: – 11 am and 2 pm everyday outside Oxfam Shop. No.17 on Broad Street
- How long is the tour length?
- Tour takes approx. 2 Hours with leisurely way of walking with less than half-a-mile of walking and seating arrangements for leaving you with happy feet.
Why you should join Premium Walking Tour of Oxford with Scholars Walk Tours?
Exclusive & Premium Sites – Premium Walking Tour of Oxford is the only tour in Oxford which goes inside the two oldest lecture halls, oldest graduation venue, examination hall, two old libraries and a college for FREE!
(please note that other companies in Oxford City do not have access to two oldest lecture halls, oldest graduation venue, examination hall and two old libraries)
- Also visit on this tour exclusive sites like Harry Potter filming sites, Inspector Morse filming sites, Chronicles of Narnia inspiration sight (C.S.Lewis), Lord of The Rings inspiration sight (J. R. Tolkien), Alice in Wonderland sight (Lewis Carroll) and Oxford’s most Haunted Sights. Click here to Book Now.
- Where is the tour starting point?
- Please meet us outside Oxfam Shop.No.17 on Broad Street.
- Meet fellow travellers who are visiting Oxford.
- Go inside the 13th Century Oldest Examination Hall of University of Oxford.
- Get tips for further planning interesting things to do in Oxford after our tour.
Plan Things to do in Oxford visit with us! Our tour covers all famous Oxford sightseeing attractions including Bridge of Sighs.
DISCOVER HISTORIC SIGHTS OF OXFORD
Discover Oxford’s unknown historic traditions, visit exhibitions, museums and beautiful gardens.
- Visit inspiration of writers who wrote Narnia, The Hobbit Land and Alice in Wonderland.
- Visit Oxford’s most Haunted sights and be prepared to feel the presence of paranormal.
- Visit to the old Bodleian library of Oxford University.
Premium Scholars Walk Tour will make your time well spent in Oxford and walk cobbled stones paths.
Find What to do in Oxford?
LOCATE FILMING SITES IN OXFORD
Visit Inspector Morse Pubs & Harry Potter Filming Sites
Also visit the sites where Tolkien and C. S. Lewis use to meet with his friends and narrated stories. Also see the pubs where Inspector Morse and Inspector Lewis visited for a pint.
EXPLORE LANDMARKS OF OXFORD
Joining Premium Scholars Walk Tour is the easiest way to explore the iconic Oxford landmarks. All the world famous sites of Oxford are in a close proximity. Premium Scholars Walk Tours will help you explore the famous and hidden gems of this world famous Oxford University and City.
- Call Us – 07412937003 (Mathews)
Premium Scholars Walk Oxford Walking Tours Guides
Learn about the unknown traditions and historic events which influenced the formation Oxford University. Our guides will enlighten you with detailed history of Oxford University and City. Our Walking tour of Oxford includes a visit inside School of Divinity and famous St Mary’s the Virgin with Gothic style of architecture.
Some of the sites will be covered on our famous Premium Scholars Walk Tour are given below.
- Balliol College
- Trinity College
- Brasenose College
- All Souls College
- Jesus College
- Exeter College
- Christ Church College
- Oxford Old City Wall (1000 years old)
- Oxford Martyrs actual burning site
- Musuem of History of Science
- Biggest book shop in UK
- Mysterious Emperors heads and Sheldonion Theatre
- The New Bodleian Library
- Going inside the library to see the collection of manuscripts and very old books
- Visiting the famous Oxford University Printing Press
- The Old History Faculty
- The Bridge of Sighs
- The Oldest Pubs where famous students have visited and also Inspector Morse
- The Old Bodleian Library
- The Old School Quads where lectures were given 200 years ago.
- Visiting the School of Divinity (The Oldest Lecture Hall in Oxford University & actual Harry Potter filming site)
- Visiting the Narnia inspiration
- Visiting the twin towers of J. R. R. Tolkein (Lord of The Rings)
- Alice in Wonderland
- Visiting the Official Church of Oxford University
- The Tower of Five Orders
- The most Haunted Oxford Site
- Detail information about the way of teaching, admissions, interviews and how much students pay?
Why University of Oxford is different from other Universities?
How much students pay?
How do students choose a college?
How interviews are taken?
How and where teaching is done?
How graduation ceremony is performed?
And much more…
Oxford Walking Tours guide will also discuss about eccentric and naughty unknown stories about some famous Oxford University students read more…
Book a Premium Tour to see and visit most exclusive sights. Click here for more Information
- Exclusive, Beautiful and Splendour are few words that can only explain this tour. This tour is designed for tourists who are looking for an experience which will leave them mesmerised.
- Oxford Walking Tours is the only tour which ensures that tourists see many exclusive sights behind the closed doors with Oxford University student or a professional guide.
- The sights are not open to other tours because you have to be a member and recognized by the University to visit these exclusive sights.
- Visiting a Dining Hall, a Chapel, College Gardens & School of Divinity (the first lecture room) are the highlights of this tour with entry to the oldest part of the university.(Please note and beware that other tour operators will not mention or show these sights on the website because they do not go there).
- This tour also includes a visit to Inspector Morse & Harry Potter filming sight.
- Includes entry inside two to four different colleges to ensure that you understand difference between different colleges.
- 2 hour long with seating arrangements at few places and just 25 minutes of walking.
Below is a recent Article send to us by a Visitor Oxford Walking Tours
Mountains plus the sea, what else could you want?
Swimming and Bowling at Botanic Gardens and River Thames
The best thing I like in the area around Oxford City and especially in North Oxford are the swimming spots to cool down your nerves.
The first thing I would like to indulge in the area is to take a with Oxford Walking Tours, the climate was tropical and hot here.
It was a beautiful day to ponder over the reflections in the little pools and in the water.
Oh! If you have to be serious about the place, there are Oxford University students here, only a turtle or two.
Getting lost around Magnetic view with Oxford Walking Tours
Most of the people who come to Oxford head straight to Magnetic Island as it is affectionately called Maggie by the locals and it is just eight historic sites close from Oxford and is the perfect day trip from town.
As weird as it would get, people drive to the place in mini cars and somehow it feels like the 2016 best day to walk. So you couldn’t find a better place than this to relax and get into laid back mode and enjoyOxford Walking Tours.
I spent the morning exploring the hidden beaches and bays, snorkeling and fishing to much of my heart’s content. So I wind up my way in the island and exploring every corner of it till the sunset.
Coffee at Missing Bean at Oxford Visit
I have admitted earlier and I admit it now that I am a coffee addict. There is no way you could argue.
So whenever I happen to be in the new place the first thing I ask around is where to find the best coffee. And Oxford guarantees the best coffee that is a delight to sip.
In Oxford someone pointed quickly to Coffee Dominion in university and It didn’t disappoint and gave me an opportunity to look around for street art which was round the corner.
Being amazed with Oxford Walking Tours and find what to do in Oxford
The highest tower to climb in Oxford City, it is really grand to look at and see in person somehow making the long drive perfect for it. And the road up the falls is really fun place.
I would like to admit in a Side note, why do we love waterfalls so much while travelling? Anyone?
Becoming a local with my own apartment
The one of big reasons to be in Townsville was just like being a local and then see around the things. It has so much to offer and to explore it doesn’t have a commercial feel like Cairns. It feels real.
I was expecting Oxford Walking Tours to be a blast such as kick ass tour scene. It really blew my mind. The meal that became my favourite was dinner at City Lane, Oxford’s first creative street dining spot. It was essentially an alley turned into a great walking area of delicious food spots. It is guaranteed you would not be left hungry.
Search Traffic for Keywords:- Oxford Walking Tours, Oxford Tours, Oxford Walking Tour, Things to do in Oxford, What to do in Oxford, Oxford Tourist Information, Oxford Things to do, Visit Oxford, Things to do in Oxford England, Oxford England, walking tour oxford, walking tours oxford, walking tour of oxford, oxford city, oxford restaurants, places to visit in oxford, harry potter tour oxford, harry potter oxford, oxford tourism, city of oxford, oxford city centre map, map of oxford city centre, Restaurants in oxford city centre, oxford city map, oxford city centre, city sightseeing oxford, oxford city tours, oxford sightseeing bus, sightseeing in oxford, oxford sightseeing