Premium Walking Tour of Oxford University, City, The Old Bodleian Library Quads & 15th Century School of Divinity
Join fun and informative Premium Walking Tour of Oxford University to visit Historic Colleges, Lecture & Dining Halls for Free with University educated Premium Scholars Walk Tour Guides.
Tour Highlights –
Premium Walking Tour Price – Yes It’s Free! Free means donations based. This free tour is donation based and other tour companies charge £14 per person for this same tour. With us, You Can Pay As You Like at the end of our tour and according to your happiness.
When you can join this Premium Walking Tour of Oxford?
Tour Timings: – 11 am and 2 pm everyday.
Where does this Premium Walking Tour of Oxford starts from?
Our tour starts outside St Michael Church Entrance Gate on Ship Street opposite Pret A Manger on Ship Street.
Our guide will come 10 minutes before the tour starts before 11 am and 2 pm at the tour starting point.
For Booking please fill our Book Now Form or Contact Us Form or text us or call us on this number 07412937003.
Tour Duration - Our tour takes 90 minutes to 2 hours approx with less then half-a-mile of walking and seating arrangements to leave you with happy feet.
Tour Description –
- Discover Oxford’s history, traditions and walk in the footsteps of famous members like J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis
- Visit old colleges,old school quads, lecture halls, exam hall, graduation venue for free
- Explore Oxford with a knowledgeable University educated guide
- Go inside 800 years old Oxford University sites and visit world-famous sites like School of Divinity, the Bodleian Library, Bridge of Sigh and Christ Church meadows.
- Learn about unique Oxford University traditions, ceremonies, mysterious legends, student life and much more!
Visit Harry Potter filming sites, Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland & Lord of the Rings sites on a Free Tour. Visit Inspector Morse filming sites with us.
Premium Scholars Walk Tour & Your Guide
Since 2012, Premium Scholars Walk Tour guides have experience of providing "Mind Blowing Tours" everyday to visitors. Premium Scholars Walk Tours guides are passionate about Oxford's inspiring history. Your friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Guide will be highly trained and University educated.
Premium Scholars Walk Tour guides will be happy to help with any questions. Our tour guides will cover all the interesting topics about Oxford’s glorious past, historic landmarks and dark secrets.
With our University-educated guides, you will walk the walk through thousands years of Oxford’s history from early Saxon time of small Oxford Town to its present world famous city of learning. Our guides will lead you through historic landmarks of Oxford’s amazing historic stories.
Our guides are University educated with years of guiding experience and local history knowledge. With our guides you can go behind the closed doors where Oxford University members can go.
Which sights will be covered on a Premium Scholars Walk Tour and what you will see?
1) Saxson Tower (1040 AD), 2) Exeter College, 3) School of Divinity (15th Century medieval lecture hall), 4) Christ Church College, 5) Jesus College, 6) All Souls College, 7) Trinity College, 8) Blackwell Book Shop, 9) Museum of History of Science, 10) Sheldonian Theatre, 11) The Old Bodleian Library and Weston Library, 12) Old Oxford University Printing Press, 13) The Bridge of Sigh, 14) The Old School Quads, 15) The Radcliffe Camera, 16) Brasenose College, 17) Official University Church of St Mary, 18) The picturesque Oxford High Street, 19) Historic Pubs, 20) Wadham College, 21) New College, 22) St John's College, 23) Hertford College, Museum of History of Science, 24) Museum of Natural History, 25) Famous Alumni, 26) Historic Chapels, 27) Old School Quads, 28) The Tower of Five Orders, 29) Two Oldest Graduation Venues, 30) School of Astronomy, 31) School of Medicine & much more.
Where does this tour starts from and when you can join this Premium Walking Tour of Oxford?
Discover Historic Sights With Premium Walking Tour of Oxford
Discover Oxford’s unknown historic traditions during Premium Walking Tour Of Oxford, visit exhibitions, museums and beautiful gardens. Visit the famous colleges and to take some memorable pictures. Premium Scholars Walk Tour will make your time well spent in Oxford and walk cobbled stones paths. Find What to do in Oxford?
EXPLORE LANDMARKS OF OXFORD
Call Us – Premium Scholars Walk Tour, the easiest way to explore the iconic Oxford landmarks and explore all the world famous sites and hidden gems of historic Oxford University and City. Book Now
Learn about the unknown traditions and historic events which influenced the formation Oxford University. Our guides will enlighten you with detailed history of Oxford University and City. Our Oxford Walking tours includes a visit inside School of Divinity and famous St Mary’s the Virgin with Gothic style of architecture.
Walk the halls of one of the most historic and world famous Oxford University on a 2 hour premium walking tour of Oxford University, City & The Bodleian Library. Go inside the amazing oldest and famous colleges with insights of student life and their experience in Oxford University.
See all the famous landmarks in the heart of the University like Bridge of Sighs, Radcliffe Camera, University Church of St Mary, Christ Church and Trinity College. Learn about famous students of Oxford University, hear anecdotes and experience secret traditions.
Tour Highlights -
Discover famous Oxford University landmarks like Bridge of Sighs, Radcliffe Camera, Christ Church College, Trinity College, University Church of St Mary.
Explore magnificent Bodleian Library, Old School Quads, School of Divinity, Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford University Printing Press, The New Bodleian Library.
Blackwells bookshop, The Emperor’s Heads, 1000 years old city wall, Oxford Martyrs, Museum of History of Science, All Souls College, Exeter College, Jesus College, Brasenose College, New College, Balliol College, Duke Humphrey’s Library, Harry Potter filming locations and much more!
Also visit the sight where the most powerful Archbishop of Canterbury was burnt alive by the Queen Bloody Mary.
Who can join this tour and what you can expect?
- Everyone can join this tour. This 2 hour Premium Walking Tour of Oxford is designed to take you behind the high walls and closed doors of world famous Oxford University.
- This 2 hour Premium Walking Tour of Oxford University departs everyday at 11 am and 2 pm outside St Michael Church Entrance Gate on Ship Street opposite Pret A Manger on Ship Street in central Oxford.
- Using University Graduates as guides, the walking tour unfolds the drama behind the ancient university in a interesting and enjoyable way.
- With small intimate groups, the guides give special attention to everyone while answering all the questions and concentrate on the diverse history of Oxford University.
Explore Oxford’s unique history while going inside oldest colleges and also discover equally about history of Oxford City. Learn about famous Oxford graduates who are now world leaders and their less known experiences in University of Oxford. Also discover academic traditions and ancient ceremonies at Oxford. Above all visit all the Magical sites of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter and the Hobbit in Oxford. And also the famous “finishing story of a stand-off” between an intelligent professor and a naughty student. Tour price - There is no fixed price of this tour. As a visitor you can pay as low as £5 per person which very low price when compared with £14 per person charged by some other people
Review sent by Sharon (London) on 11th March,2017 – The Historic Oxford Walking Tours
Scholars Walk Oxford Walking Tours have many sites which can be very modern and sometimes hundreds of years old. The most important thing that we liked about our guide was that our guide was University graduate and very friendly. Our guide Allan took us inside many beautiful colleges and commentary was also very interesting due to facts about the colleges and unusual traditions.There is no other better way of learning about the Oxford’s history then joining Scholars Walk Tours. Our guide was very knowledgeable. Sometimes too much history becomes a little boring but our guide was managing the group of different ages very well. Scholars Walk Tours guide helped many members of our group to realise how Oxford University works? Our knowledgeable guide also discussed about the rivalry between the colleges and local gossip with many unknown Oxford University secrets.
There was lots of information about J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S.Lewis and Harry Potter. Our guide took us to Tolkein’s college in Oxford University and we also visited Harry Potter filming location. This tour is a must for everyone who will visit Oxford.
Review posted by Adrian (USA) on 5th March, 2017
Great Experience with Oxford Walking Tours guide who was knowledgeable about local Oxford history and also charmingly funny. Our guide introduced us with excellent Oxford student experience, urban legends and university culture. We also learned about British history of Oxford, especially during the English civil war and time flew very quickly.We visited many interesting sights like The Old Bodleian Library with lots of details about student life in Oxford University and student traditions.
With Scholars Walk Tours, we enjoyed many great sights with historic tales of Oxford students and our guide was excellent with people in our group. Our guide gave all the answers and we were all very happy. We took lots of picture with the statue of the Third Earl of Pembroke and also visited School of Astronomy.
When we visited the Old Schools then we felt like students of Oxford University and we experienced how students felt hundred of years ago. We also saw School of Medicine and historic School of Rhetoric. All the text on the top of these schools were written in Latin with faces of old students next to entrance.
Welcome to Premium Oxford Walking Tours
Premium Private Walking Tours
Discover Oxford’s famous landmarks according to your own interests, set your own itinerary according to your own liking and no shoulder rubbing with strangers. The Walking Tour of Oxford tour will be tailored to what you to see and know about because you are the boss on Premium Private Walking Tour of Oxford.
Magical Harry Potter Tour Oxford
Sightseeing Of Oxford
- March 20, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- March 20, 2017
Walking Tours Of Oxford
Things To Do In Oxford
- March 20, 2017
- March 20, 2017